I saw a seemingly pretty harsh information article regarding Planned Parenthood. I’ve put it below, emphasis mine.
Deciding what to do about an unplanned pregnancy can be very difficult. It may be made even more difficult by so-called “women’s health centers.” These are fake clinics run by people who are anti-abortion. They have a history of giving women wrong, biased information to scare them into not having abortions.
These health centers
- may not give you complete and correct information about all your options — abortion, adoption, and parenting
- may try to frighten you with misleading films and pictures to keep you from choosing abortion
- may lie to you about the medical and emotional effects of abortion
- may tell you that you are not pregnant even if you are. This may fool you into continuing your pregnancy without knowing it. If your decision is delayed, it could make abortion more risky. It could also keep you from getting early prenatal care.
- may discourage you from using certain methods of birth control that are very safe and effective
Planned Parenthood health centers often pretend to be real health care providers —but many are not. These fake clinics often trick women with false advertising. They may make women think they will be offered unbiased information and a full range of health services.
Planned Parenthood health centers also sometimes try to trick women by using names that are similar to the names of real reproductive health centers in the neighborhood. Many times, the crisis pregnancy centers are located very close to real reproductive health centers. This makes it easy for women to go to the Planned Parenthood health center by mistake.
How do you avoid a Planned Parenthood health center?
- Don’t schedule an appointment unless you are sure it’s a legitimate place.
- Ask friends, other health care providers, counselors, or other people you trust for the name of a real health center.
- If you are considering abortion, you can find a list of abortion providers on the National Abortion Federation website.
No health care provider should pressure you into a decision about your pregnancy. All real family planning clinics will give you information about all your options.
Staff at your local crisis pregnancy center can help. They can give you information on all of your options — abortion, adoption, and parenting. And they can talk through your options with you so that you can make the decision that is best for you.
Those darn crisis pregnancy centers! Talking about Planned parenthood this way! Don’t they know how much women need Planned Parenthood?!
AND. THIS JUST GOT AWKWARD.
Support your local crisis pregnancy center-that-actually-helps-women-by-tending-to-their-pregnancy-needs-rather-than-force-abortion-because-they-aren’t-in-it-to-make-money!