In this week’s episode, I chat with my friend Callie about her conversion story. I’m fascinated by adult converts since I’m a cradle Catholic. She shares her story from Baptist to Catholic, including how primary sources helped along her way back home to the Church.
- How we know each other
- What was her upbringing like
- How she dealt with difficulties
- Four words that summarizes it all
- What attracted her to Catholicism
- How has being Catholic helped her relationship with Christ
- How is she pursuing Christ these days
- Social media/where to follow
- Vatican II document, Lumen Gentium, “light of the nations” – This document was crucial to Callie’s conversion
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Br. Lawrence – briefly mentioned
- The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton – briefly mentioned
- How to do Lectio Divina – Callie and I have recently taken up this method of prayerfully reading through Scripture. My friend Jason (episode 6) also helped put together lectio divina guides for the entire 3-year cycle of readings used by the Catholic Church. Check them out here at Quick Connect on Link To Liturgy.
- “Lift High The Cross” by Callie – her latest blog post and lectio divina