Since I didn’t have a guest for this episode, I decided to recount some of my experiences going on a pilgrimage to Nagasaki, Japan. I wanted to learn more about St. Paul Miki and his Companions since they were martyred in Nagasaki.
- Re-intro to my podcast and what “En Fuego” means
- Why Nagasaki
- How I traveled to Nagasaki
- What I did in Nagasaki
- 26 Martyr’s Hill (monument, museum, and church)
- Nakaramachi Church
- St. Max Kolbe’s friary/Hongochi Church/Marian grotto
- Atomic Bomb Museum
- Memorial Peace Park
- Urakami Cathedral
- Oura Church
- Glover Garden
- Reflections on this pilgrimage
- Bishop Barron on “Silence” – Bishop Barron gives his thoughts on the Scorsese’s “Silence”. Spoiler alert!
- Nagasaki Pilgrimage: A Guide to the Churches and Christian Sites in Nagasaki – I used this guide to help me decide which places to visit. I first made a list of the places I wanted to visit and had to decide which ones I could actually visit within the time frame I had leveraging mass transportation.